Form GST PMT-09 is LIVE on the GST portal today. It is filled to Transfer Cash Ledger Balance to any Head ie. Integrated tax, Central tax, State/UT tax, and Cess. we have shown step by step guide to file Form GST PMT 09.
This article cover following questions:
- What is PMT 09 in GST?
- Is PMT 09 live on GST portal?
- How do I transfer my ledger balance to GST / Process to file Form GST PMT-09 ?
- Key Point to keep in mind while filings Form GST PMT-09
Hence, if a taxpayer has wrongly paid CGST instead of SGST, he can now rectify the same using Form PMT-09 by reallocating the amount from the CGST head to the SGST head.
2. Is PMT 09 live on GST portal?
Good News for GST Taxpayers as Form PMT-09 is live on GST portal
3. How do I transfer my ledger balance to GST / Process to file Form GST PMT-09 ?
- Go to Electronic Cash Ledger
- Balance available for transfer will be displayed as below.
- Transfer cash balance to any ledger and click save and proceed to file:
GST Form PMT 09 is filled.
Key Point to keep in mind:
- If wrong tax has already been utilized for making any payment, then this challan is not useful. This challan only allows shifting of the amounts that are available in the electronic cash ledger.
For instance, in case an amount has been misreported in the GSTR-3B, there is no way to rectify the same as the GSTR-3B is non-editable. In such case, only and adjustment in the next month’s return can be made.
- The amount once utilized and removed from cash ledger cannot be reallocated.